Whether it's with a stripe of paint or a colorful accent piece, we love finding ways to add a pop of color to our space. It's also important that the idea be effortless but make a big impact. Here are 6 of our favorite ways to add oomph without breaking the bank...
- Painting a door Use leftover paint from a previous painting project or buy a quart of paint. Pick something out that you've always been scared to commit to indoors and have it greet you each time you return home.
- Fresh Flowers The easiest way to bring in color (and our favorite). Fresh flowers from the farmers market or your garden will feel upbeat and cheerful.
- Colorful throws Don't have linen closet space to store extra blankets or throws? Fold them up or drape them on a couch, chair or bed for coziness and added color.
- A playful chair Same idea here as the colorful front door--think unexpected and bold. A painted chair is the easiest way to take a design risk (without regretting the decision later).
- One painted stripe Olga's green painted green stripe made a huge impact on Apartment Therapy readers. Try on her idea in other spaces like the hallway or laundry room.
- Arrange objects by color A no-cost way to instantly revamp any area of your home--organizing by color. We like arranging books by color but feel free to give this idea a whirl with plates, vases and collectables.
- Inspiration: White Room, One Pop of Color
- Affordable and Handmade Pops of Color
- Survey: Bright Pops of Color, Gorgeous or Distracting?