The best advice in life is simple, short, sweet and easy to remember. (And if you're lucky, also welcome and solicited!). We had some beautiful homes featured as tours this week, and besides bursting with style, we noticed something else the homes all had in common: Owners who had some simple and short advice that would be helpful for anyone looking to create their own beautiful home to remember.
"Don't be afraid to implement your ideas and take some risks."
— Stephen LaRue & Scott Peebles
"Paint it white."
— Isabelle and Nick Robertson
"Coffee table books are the best conversation starters."
— Chelsey Burnside and Cainan Querido
"Buy what you love!"
— Kelly and Ed Smithson
"Trust in the journey. Have faith in yourself, intuition is a powerful tool."
— Vanessa and Charlie
"Be patient. Your home doesn't need to be completely filled as soon as you move in. Don't buy something just because it's the first thing you see and it can fill an empty space. Wait for the right piece."
— Dani and Will
Find more great advice to steal for your home in all of our excellent tours:
- Take Your Time: Advice for Creating a Comfy Space That Feels Like Home
- Keep It Simple, Be Patient: Advice For Creating a Warm & Livable Home
- Don't Rush & Don't Settle: Advice on Finding What You Love
- Explore Possibilities! Advice on Taking Risks With Your Home's Design
- Don't Worry About Others: Advice on Creating a Home That Works For You
- Advice for Creating a Home That Reflects Your Personality
- Start With Good Lighting and More Advice On Filling a Home