1. Music. Start listening to music! Check out some of the playlists we've put together and find music that makes you feel upbeat, it will help you with number 2:
2. Clean up. If you're sitting around in sweats and your place is a mess it will feel very daunting to invite people over. Set the timer for 15 minutes and start with the kitchen (it works for flylady and it works for us). You'll be surprised how much gets done in 15 minutes and if you're anything like us it will give you some energy and momentum for the rest of the house. When the house is clean we want people to come over!
3. Find Inspiration. People around the blog world have been throwing some pretty fun looking parties: 1930's party, $100 budget dinner party, parties from the pages of readymade. If all else fails, things like this always make us smile and say, let's go for it!
5. Start Cooking. Filling the house with the smells of the season, whether it's cookies baking in the oven, a roast bubbling away or some mulled wine, using our senses to get in the spirit will jumpstart your ideas for what you want to serve at your holiday party. We plan to test out some of these easy bite sized tarts this weekend.
6. Invite People. Sometimes you have to just jump in and start inviting people over. We got some spark from looking up invitations. The pictures ones are all from etsy: pass the sparkler, , party till our faces fall off and custom snowflake.
How do you get jazzed to throw a party?