You can build lots of things at home out of cardboard, like play kitchens, play houses, boats, washing machines, and, well, pretty much anything else you can dream up. But if you aren't in the mood or just aren't the make-it-youself type, there are some cool cardboard toys out there you can buy, instead of DIY. They're eco-friendly, lightweight, and incredibly fun.
1. Bird Rocker, Tsuchino Kids, $113. Japanese company Tsuchino Kids builds amazing cardboard toys that kids can play with and on.
2. Geno the Giraffe, Kinetic Creatures, $50. After you assemble Geno, he actually walks with a wire crank on the side of the toy. Also available are an elephant and a rhino.
2. Recycled Cardboard Toy Aeroplane, Paperpod, at Mimimyne, $35. Made in the UK from recycled cardboard, this toy allows your kid to run around with his own airplane body.
3. Mini Jungle, Etsy shop Milimbo, $16.54. You get six different jungle animals plus trees in this kit from the Spanish Etsy shop.
4. Cardboard Articulated Robot, Etsy shop Card Board Myth, $33.08. Each robot has articulated appendages. Made in Italy.
6. L’archi-maison, Carton Chic, $33. This French company makes amazing cardboard doll houses and other small play structures.
7. The Flexy, Uncommon Goods, $14.50. Just like a Slinky, but cardboard! Won't get tangled like the traditional metal version.
(Images: as linked above)