Have a piece of scrap wood and don’t know what to do with it? Chez Larrson has come up some creative and super easy ways to reuse a plank of salvaged barn wood, and incorportate it into the home. For this particular list, the plank is a lovely piece of weathered barn-wood that measures 22 3/4" x 9 3/4" and is about one inch thick:
1. A Note Board. Mount the wood to a wall using D-hook and use pushpins to attach notes and important reminders.
2. Towel Rack. Add hooks to the wood and hang in the bathroom as a rustic towel hanger for thick plush whites.
3. Advent Calendar. During the holidays add 25 pins, wrap 25 little gifts, hang each one on a pin.
4. Faux Tombstone. Carve into a tombstone for an eerier Halloween prop.
5. Candle Holder. Add votive candle holders on top and place on the dining table for a stunning center piece.
6. Frame It. Display it and add it to your art wall.
7. Hang it as is on D-hooks. It's a gorgeous piece of art in it's own right.
Read the full post - and check out the commentators other tips - at the Chez Larrson blog!
(Images Courtesy of Chez Larrson & Martin)