family garden outside the city, but when I'm in town, I have very little room for growing anything. Container gardening is one way of dealing with a lack of outdoor space, and Apartment Therapy writers have put together many How To's on the subject over the years. Here are some of the best. Enjoy!
1. How to Plant a Super Easy Tomato Container Garden - If you want to grow tomatoes this summer, now's the time to plant them. Rachel Wray at Re-Nest gives a super simple guide.
2. How to Plant a Terrarium in a Jar - Terrariums are hot right now. Here's how to make your own for pennies.
3. How to Grow a Salad Greens Windowbox Garden - Guest blogger Maria Finn wrote this how-to for an edible indoor garden.
4. How to Re-Pot Your House Plants - Helpful tips on how to move your plants into a bigger pot from Tanya in Boston.
5. How to Make Can Planters - Laure in Los Angeles made these beautiful tins from old tomato cans.
6. How to Make a One-Pot Indoor Herb Garden - This post went up on the Kitchn three years ago and it still keeps resurfacing. A great guide for cooks who want to grow their own herbs.
7. How to Start a Container Garden - Tips for growing lettuce, arugula, tomatoes, and herbs.