Whether the chairs are vintage fiberglass or new polypropylene, supported by the eiffel, dowel or rocker base, Eames chairs (and those inspired by Eames) are a common sight in the homes of Apartment Therapy readers. I've been visiting a lot of homes lately for House Tours and I've been witnessing first-hand how people integrate their molded plastic chairs into everyday functional decor. 1. Design duo Younger & Ziskin
took over Anna Bautista's
private home, merging retro mid century elements into a brand new loft space.
2. Bridget Sweeney's whole bedroom is bright and contemporary, polished off with the rocker chair that lights up the corner.
3. Warren and Mimi gave their twins an adorable shared nursery complete with primary green rocking chair.
4. Kara and Ken use beautiful white decor to bring out the natural flooded light in their condo.
5. Melissa made room for a compact desk and chair, in the living room of her home. Her whole house felt quaint and beachy, and the chair added something special to its atmosphere.
6. Savannah's uber stylish studio is tiny indeed, but does not lack substance what so ever. For her birthday she treated herself to this beloved blue rocker.
7. Everything about Sophie and Isaac's cute apartment is a nod to retro style, but what a great surprise to see this in their bathroom.
Images: Bethany Nauert