It may seem somewhat counterintuitive to purchase something to help you get all your stuff organized but sometimes that's exactly what it takes. Whether you're cleaning out your closet or trying to tame your junk drawer, these stores will help you get the gear you need to make your space work.
• Container Store Perhaps once of the first names that comes to mind when you think of organizing, their website is extremely user friendly and if there's store in your area you can even order online to pick up in store on the same day.
• Storables Based in Portland, Oregon, and with brick and mortar locations on the West Coast, plus an extensive online inventory, this store is a great stop for organizational tools and accessories.
• Organize It We first profiled this source for all things storage and organizational back in September and we find ourselves frequenting the site again and again as we search for ways to stash our stuff.
• Stacks and Stacks This 28-year-old retailer is based in San Francisco but they're a great source for shopping online, with free shipping and an expansive inventory.
• U-Line Their specialty is shipping supplies but U-Line also carries a lot of great organization tools.
• IKEA Even if it means trekking out to the 'burbs, IKEA is a great (read: cheap) source for little boxes, hooks and other organizers.
• G.U.S. The letters stand for Great Useful Stuff and they ain't kidding. We especially love their Kangaroom Storage options.
(Image: Nick Keppol's Picture Perfect Brooklyn Office)