We recently talked up the advantages of induction cooking. Induction uses half the energy of gas and less than half that of an electric stove top. With this post on our minds we decided to round up 7 of our favorite cooktops. Of course since this is Unplggd, these cooktops not only look sexy, they are also quite smart.We decided to include one mixed gas/electric cooktop in our roundup for a little variety. We love these cooktops and wish that we were able to upgrade our rental kitchen to include one of them.
- Bosch 800 Series Induction Cooktop has several features that we are fans of. We love how PotSense automatically adjusts the cooking element to the size of the pan bottom. This incredibly efficient system is not only looks smart, it is also intelligent in that with the AutoChef sensor the exact temperature can be achieved quickly and maintained.
- Siemens TouchSlider Induction Cooktop with touch controls. Instead of knobs, each burner has a touch-enabled slider to control the temperature. Without knobs or burners, this cooktop's minimal facade could literally disappear into your kitchen.
- ATAG Induction Cooktop with slide controls features 4 induction elements on black vitroceramic glass. This cooktop also features slide controls, automatic programmable cooking options and residual heat indicators for each zone.
- Alejandro Sanchez's Cooktop For Environmentis a mixed gas-cooktop (3 gas-burners/ 1 electric) concept that seeks to reduce energy consumption and ensure the safety of the users. We love the look of the burners finished in white glass-ceramic alloy and the support arms made of polished steel. The glass-ceramic surface is easy to clean, shockproof, and recyclable. Another big plus is the digital display which allows for precise control of each component.
- Gorenje IT642AXC induction cooktop features touch controls, the BoilControl function to prevent pots from boiling over, as well as a power boost function and a residual heat indicator.
- Hoover Induction Cooktop has touch sensitive digital controls that enable easy operation at the touch of a button, 99-minute electronic time for setting up cooking times, child safety, hot-surface indicators and an audible end-of-cooking alarm.
- Electrolux EHD80170P induction cooktop features 4 induction zones with touch controls and individual zone timers. The extra large induction zone makes it very user-friendly and there is a useful booster setting for fast cooking. Also, like all induction cooktops, the EHD80170P is very easy to clean as spills do not bake onto the sleek surface of the cooktop.
Have you left out your favorite?