If you're considering the fact that Thanksgiving is in less than a week, unless you were planning on spending the weekend on a project, you're running out of time to make any huge changes at home. But if you're dining room is in need of a quick spruce up, we're loving these simple diy projects.• 1. Recycled Bottle Centerpiece: this is our favorite becuase we already likely have this stuff around the house--old bottles, check. Some old paint, check. it's a wuick and easy way to create an interesting centerpiece without spending money or having to leave the house.
• 2. Branch Centerpiece: If you need another idea for a centerpiece, this only involves finding a branch and grabbing a bottle of spraypaint. It can add color to your table and a bit of the outdoors.
• 3. Customized Tablecloth: Using fabric markers you can create a custom tablecloth out of a simple sheet of piece of fabric. Or, better yet, give guests the markers and let them customize the tablecloth as a part of the meal.
• 4. The Lazy Man's Reupholstering Project: If you've been meaning to reupholster your dining chairs, now is the time. You've got a deadline, an audience and the motivation to get it done. Folllow this DIY for the most straightforward way to get the job done with minimal tools and an afternoon.
• 5. A Quick, Cheap Rug: With the weather finally getting cold in LA, a cozy rug under foot could make a huge difference in the warmth of your dinner party. We love this simple diy for its affordabliity and reliance on minimal sewing skills.
• 6. Rubber Coated Place Settings: We've had this diy ookmarked for a long time and love the idea of rubber coating some origami (or other objects) to put at each place setting as a decoration on the table and also a souvenir for guests to take home. Whatever you decide to make could double as an ornament for friends to use on their christmas trees (if they celebrate christmas).
• 7. Paint your Chairs: Admittedly this DIY could be very complicated depending on what chairs you ave and what the weather is outside. If you're lucky enough to have bertoia chairs and actually want to paint them, then it's a pretty straightforward spraypainting project that can add a lot of punch to the dining room.
(Images: Please follow links above for original posts and image credits)