It's always when we find ourselves super busy that we feel the need to buy ourselves flowers. The inspiration and color that fresh flowers bring into our space always seems to make up for the hectic work week. Unfortunately, the kitchen table (our go-to spot for displaying our fresh flowers) usually doubles as our current project command center.
Here are 7 alternative spots for displaying flowers in your home
- The floor We love how this large bouquet on the floor balances out a side table vignette while adding a pop of color.
- The bedside table Flowers in the bedroom make for a zen atmosphere and help make the day start out bright and cheery.
- A windowsill One of our favorite spots for displaying flowers is the windowsill. Doing the dishes always gives us an opportunity to reflect on the day ahead and fresh petals always make the task pleasurable.
- The bathroom Whether on the back of the commode or beside the sink, flowers in the bathroom are an added surprise for guests (and pack a large punch in a small space).
- The mantelpiece This spot for displaying flowers feels almost as traditional as setting a bouquet on the kitchen table. Play up each season by using flowers that hint at what's happening outdoors.
- Create a spot In smaller homes, there's less available space to show off flowers. If you find yourself in this position, create a new, unique spot for the arrangement to land. In the example pictured, single stems are inserted in the empty holes of a DIY wine rack.
- Wall vases Wall vases are a great solution if you've got a pet that likes to ingest plants and flowers. In addition, a pair of wall vases quickly adds symmetry to a room which can help unite a space.
(Images: 1. Deco & Design, 2. Kim's Relaxed Gray Bedroom, 3. What's In Your Windowsill?, 4. Party Lighting For the Bathroom, 5. Help! Decorating A Fireplace Mantel, 6. Look!: Repurposed Floor For Wine and Flowers, 7. Wall Vases: Another Way To Display Weekly Flowers)