Buying a case for your very expensive, carry-it-everywhere mobile device is a good idea. Making your own case is even better. And making a case from a totally unique, nobody-else-is-gonna-have-this material? Well that's just brilliant. Can you guess what each of the cases in the photos above are made from?
You can find sinpiration for DIY everywhere in the everyday, from your short bicycle commute to your packed lunch and back home again at the dining room table.
Here are some creative DIY projects and homemade goods that make iPhone, iPad and camera cases from really unusual materials:
1. A Bike Tire / Julie in Charge of the Etsy blog
2. A Juice Box / Randomly Ross (Flickr, via Apartment Therapy)
3. A Bubble Mailer / Creme de la Craft
4. A Tie / Etsy Seller Tearful Touch
5. A Composition Notebook / Lil Blue Boo (via Apartment Therapy)
6. Duct Tape / The Unofficial Apple Weblog (via Apartment Therapy)
7. A Placemat / Fabric Strips and Ruby Lips
Have you seen or made a crafty case from something out of the ordinary? Share it with us in the comments!
(Images: as credited above)