The new issue of Real Simple has an article all about places to cut corners that make a big difference money-wise as they add up but otherwise don't feel like huge changes to your lifestyle. We pulled the top ten ideas:
1) Get out your library card and put it to good use!
2) Don't OVERuse your shampoo, conditioner, toothpase, etc...you don't need that much product.
3) Check out Hulu for free downloadable TV content.
4) Freeze your gym membership and try working out at home or the playground.
6) Instead of an evening out, invite friends over to your place.
8) Save on cut flowers by buying a blooming houseplant such as a begonia, kalanchoe or flowering maple.
9) Give charitably with a click at The Hunger Site
...and our favorite tip from the Real Simple article:
10) Sign up for the Apartment Therapy daily email which is "chock full of sale alerts" !