Whenever I browse for books, I bring my list with me. The list is a compilation of my own childhood favorites and recommendations I've collected from numerous sources, and is something I'm editing all the time.
Recently, I came upon a list of "75 Books That Build Character" on the blog No Time For Flashcards. These books each teach lessons or contain positive messages. After perusing their list of 75 books, I've already added many to my own list. Here are the first ten on the list:
1. Shelia Rae, The Brave by Kevin Henkes
2. The Family Book by Todd Parr
3. Let Them Play by Margo Theis Raven
4. Something From Nothing by Phoebe Gilman
5. Ballerino Nate by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
6. Apple Pie Fourth Of July by Janet S. Wong
7. A Chair For My Mother by Vera B Williams
8. The Gardener by Sarah Stewart
9. Pinkalicious by Victoria and Elizabeth Kann
10.The Loudest Roar by Thomas Taylor
Want to see the rest? Find the full list at No Time For Flashcards.
(Image: Janie Lee)