Surely the hardest thing about holiday shopping is resisting the temptation to indulge in gifts for ourselves. We find it especially tempting to buy new things for our home this time of year, when we're entertaining so much. So in case you wrestle with these urges too, here's a roundup of an item that's both a great gift and a holiday home decor essential.
We love to use bud vases for entertaining. Try a group of them scattered along the center of a dining table, or tucked in little crannies around the living room, or stashed in the bathroom to surprise your guests. If you're buying them as host/ess gifts, tuck each one into an open box inside a nest of colorful tissue, add a single lovely bud, and deliver to your hosts each in turn.
Pictured, from left to right:
• 1 Stephanie Kao's Onyx Vase Dressed in Ivory Lace, $50 for a set of 2 on Etsy.
• 2 Set of 3 bud vases from Heath Ceramics, $60 for the set.
• 3 Glitz Bottle Bud from dbO Home, $55 each. Available in three different designs.
• 4 Glassbaby is really a votive, but it works just as well as a bud vase. $40 apiece, but they do come in sets as well (at a discount off the individual price).
• 5 Here's another one that's not technically a vase: Alyssa Ettinger's Knitware Tumbler. $35 apiece, $25 for the demitasse size.
• 6 Mudpuppy's Bud Vase with Woven Netting is available at Rare Device for $26.
• 7 Tina Frey Designs Vince Vase, available at Design Public for $40. Available in several bright colors as well.
• 8 Gizella vase in ice blue by Diana Fayt, $42.