So many of us have builder basic grade bathrooms that are totally fine, but need something to make them more homey and personal. Here are eight cosmetic —and not costly — changes that can substantially impact your space, but are easy to implement.
1. Add wainscoting for texture and architectural interest; it’s cheaper than tile and easy to install.
2. For a quick and fun fix, you can always add some brightly-colored contact paper to the toe kick, as seen on Joy's studio.
3. Frame out the mirror (and get rid of those ubiquitous mirror clips), with help from Jenna Sue Designs.
4. Glitter and Goat Cheese shows how far new hardware and a fresh coat of paint can go in a bathroom.
5. Centsational Girl added bun feet to her stock style vanity during a larger remodeling effort.
6. Ashley over at Edible Perspective added some simple trim to otherwise flat cabinet doors and it made a huge difference.
7. Tall people will love Remodelaholic's tutorial for raising a vanity higher than the standard height.
8. Ana White shows you how to install a step stool into your existing vanity, making it more child-friendly.