- Use recycled bottles for bud vases Dig through the recycle bin, wash out cool looking bottles and use them to hold pops of color in the form of flowers.
- Find inspiration in the backyard Find branches from the backyard to place in a vase and transform the table with an instant earthy look.
- Keep it colorful and casual Forgo fancy table decorations and decorate your table with your most colorful tableware; your guests won't even notice there's no centerpiece.
- Forget vases Who needs a bunch of vases cluttering a table when you can lay a few strategically placed flowers on the table?
- Let the linen do all the work This one is especially great if you are doing a dinner buffet-style. Just allow a colorful table cloth to complement colorful napkins.
- Enlist double duty dinnerware Create interesting stacks with your dinnerware at each place setting and top off with a fun or colorful flower.
- Conserve even more space with petals Don't even use the whole flower: just sprinkle some flower petals across and in between your place settings for fresh and fun color.
- Use the simplest idea of all No table cloths, no fancy napkins, don't even use a centerpiece. Just let your good-looking table and dinnerware take center stage!
(Images: Elizabeth Passarella; Rebecca Thus website; Flickr member [pinkiwinkitinki]; Royal Copenhagen; Flickr member [wonderyort]; Royal Copenhagen; Flickr member [-Jérôme-]; and Flickr member [tvol] licensed for use under Creative Commons)