It appears we've been skimping a bit on our audiophile coverage lately. After receiving several inquiries about having a bit more of the same ol' audiophile coverage from our wonder years, we've gone ahead and done research for all the headphone enthusiasts beggin' to spend their hard earned cash. Here are some this year's most promising headphone amps (with absolutely no constraint on price limit!)... Enjoy.
Alright folks, time to start counting up all that pocket change from behind the living room couch.
FROM LEFT TO RIGHT:
- WooAudio 22 Fully Balanced headphone Amplifier ($1900)
- SPL Auditor Headphone Amp ($900)
- Burson Audio HA-160 Headphone Amp ($700)
- NuForce Icon HDP ($450)
- Headamp GS-1 Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp ($?)
- FiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DAC ($130)
- Trafomatic Experience Head One Headphone Amplifier ($900)
- Schiit LYR Hybrid Headphone Amplifier ($450)
Personally, I'm eyeballing that Woo Audio amp for all those sexy tubes. It probably won't go too well with my roommate's cat constantly flying all over the place, but maybe those glowing tubes will be enough to intimidate it and keep it away. Then, there's that epic price tag...
Got a headphone amp that you highly recommend? Let us know in the comments!