Instagram has rapidly become one of my favorite places to get inspiration for my home. Nowadays, most boutiques, makers, and online retailers have beautiful Instagram feeds that feature their products and display images that inspire them. Here are some of my favorite accounts- you should follow them, too!
1. Lulu and Georgia is an online business "committed to providing that perfect rug, lamp, or accessory" for all sorts of personalities and tastes. They post photos of their products used in homes, which allows you to get a sense of how the appropriate accessory can really make all the difference.
2. Paper & Clay is a small ceramics studio located in Memphis, TN owned by Brit McDaniel, and the feed features McDaniel's beautiful handmade pieces. McDaniel says of her ceramics, "I want my work to be beautiful, but also very usable.... Essentially, I try to create the pieces that I would want to have in my own home." Her feed combines cool and clean pieces with pops of colors in an aesthetic that I find refreshing.
3. Ariele Alasko is a full-time woodworker living in Brooklyn, NY, and her feed is full of natural, handmade gorgeousness. The different hues of wood, the large patterned pieces, and the glimpses of her studio all remind me of how much I want to incorporate more natural wood in my home.
4. Aelfie is a boutique home decor company and design studio also based in Brooklyn, NY, that specializes in a collection of textiles from around the world. I love the bright colors and patterns that I get to see on their feed - the color combinations are incredibly inspiring.
5. Tea and Kate is an online shop based in England that curates and sources treasures from all over the world. Its products are charming, eccentric, and lovely - I would love to have any of their pieces in my home.
6. Leifshop specializes in the things that add a unique touch to everyday life. Their feed makes me want to pay attention to the small details of my home in order to enhance my surroundings.
7. Calico Wallpaper is a company that creates stunning, contemporary wallpapers which evoke the outdoors- but in a modern tone. Their Instagram feed reveals their processes of marbling paper and creating large landscape murals.
8. MUR lifestyle, founded by husband and wife Danielle and Joel Cyr, features beautiful and functional pieces in a simple and timeless aesthetic. Their selections reflect a philosophy of moving away from the "disposable culture" and they advocate adopting a more mindful approach to buying.
9. Clam Lab is a line of handcrafted ceramics made by Clair Catillaz in her studio in Brooklyn, NY. Her feed is full of simple and elegant pieces which inspire me to pay attention to the beauty of form.
10. Easy Tiger Goods is a lifestyle concept store in Toronto that strives to connect creators with customers "by curating a selection of goods that are made with integrity". Their products range from quirky to elegant and their Instagram features fun items and ideas that you will want to incorporate into your home.