If you're unsure what you want for the holidays (and people keep asking) why not ask for one of these books and try a new craft? Each book is as gorgeous as it is inspirational — and each one will make great gift for the crafters on your list.
- Your younger sister will love this sweet sewing book, filled with 25 projects by top designers. Sew Gifts, $17.18 at Amazon.
- A pretty woodworking book, filled with ideas, from birdhouses to tables, that can be completed in a weekend. Woodworking in a Weekend, $24.95 at Chronicle Books.
- Your knitting-obsessed best friend just bought her first house? She'll love Ruth Cross's beautiful Knits at Home to help decorate it. $18.43 at at Interweave Knits.
- Go from admiring the gorgeous handmade leather goods on Etsy to making your own with this introductory workbook. Leather: History, Techniques, and Projects. $26.76 at Amazon.
- Mollie Makes, the popular craft magazine, just released another book in their crafting series — this time, the projects center on woodland creatures. Mollie Makes Woodland Friends, $9.95 at Amazon.
- This stunning book gives instructions on how to make all sorts of handmade books, from tiny necklace-sized notepads to a Little League scorebook. Handmade Books for Everyday Adventures, $26.95 at Roost Books.
- Give your eco-crusader cousin Green Beauty, a lovely how-to filled with homemade beauty recipes made with all natural ingredients. $12.54 at Amazon.
- If you loved making baskets at summer camp years ago, why not try again? This book is filled with simple, stylish projects. The Weekend Crafter: Basketry. $9.95 at Lark Crafts.