While most come here to see beautifully decorated children's spaces, many of our readers still have a strong desire to make sure that kids' rooms are still, well, for kids. While it's understandable that design-conscious parents want their kids' spaces to be just as stylish the rest of the house, it can be done without removing all of the fun. Here are eight ways to create a stylish kid's room that still shows off your little one's personality:
- Give them a spot to express themselves, like this chalkboard wall in Maja's Magical Space.
- Let them choose the theme, like this modern superhero boys' room by Classy Clutter.
- Display their favorite books, like this simple forward facing display in Oscar's Bright, Bold Abode.
- Fill it with their favorite toys, like in Sam and Lars' Happy Hand-Me-Down Room.
- Display their artwork, like these lovely little paintings in Violet's room.
- Add items that show off their hobbies, like the surfboards in Jasper's Bold, Beachy Abode.
- Add a favorite character, like this giant Super Mario in this unexpectedly chic Mario Brothers tween room or all of the Batman paraphernalia in Zeb's Scandi Minimalist Big Boy Room.
- Include photos of your children, like in Martina and Lola's Sweet Shared Space or this giant photo mural in Maddie and Harry's playroom.
What do you think? Do you prefer your child's room to be all-kid, decorated for the adults, or somewhere in between?