We just don't have it in us to venture out into the shopping madness of Black Friday. Since we're lucky enough to have the day off, we'd much rather spend it at home, enjoying leftovers and catching up with family and friends. If you don't yet have plans and you're thinking of staying in, we've gathered a few ideas.
- Ask your friends to bring their Thanksgiving leftovers over for a Black Friday potluck.
- Spend the day making gifts instead of buying them.
- Rent or download your favorite films and enjoy a movie marathon.
- Break out the Monopoly, Scrabble, or Trivial Pursuit board.
- Start planning those holiday party playlists.
- Destress from family time with a nice soak in the tub.
- Hunker down in the kitchen and make some holiday cookies.
- Read a book or magazine.
- Make yourself a Black Friday cocktail.
- Plant a one-pot winter herb garden in your kitchen.
- Burn off the Thanksgiving calories by exercising at home.
- Put up your holiday decor.
- Write your holiday cards and letters. Real, handwritten mail is so exciting to receive!
- Shop in your pantry and closet for things you can donate.
- Clean your bedroom and enjoy a good night's sleep.
Add your suggestions in the comments below.
Photo: Living Etc.