After doing some much needed decluttering around the home office we stumbled upon some CD spindle cases gathering dust. Being the resourceful folks that we are we combed through our archives and the web to find some great ways to re-use them.
8 Ways to Reuse a CD Spindle Case:
1) As a Lunchbox: We love this idea from Flickr user Pwka to use a CD spindle case to pack a toasted bagel with avocado lunch. Wondering which plastic containers are safe to use with food? Remember this mantra from reader Kristinaequalsninja, "4, 5, 1 and 2; all the rest are bad for you."
2) As an Earring Stand: Tired of earrings getting tangled? Follow Instructables user Sabbott's advice and use a CD spindle case as to store those easily to tangle earrings.
3) As a Lamp: Wishing for more a groovy desktop lamp? Use Readymade's instructions to turn your CD spindles into a "lavalightesque" lamp.
4) As Router & Drill Bit Organization: For a more organized tool box take Instructables user Vicbab's advice and use a CD spindle case for drill bit and router organization.
5) As a Planter: We always are looking for more ways to add some green to our home offices and we love Unplggd writer Taryn's idea of using the spindle case as a planter.
6) As a Line Spool or Yarn Holder: Since we don't fish but do knit, we will use Instructables user Jacojvv's instructions for a CD spindle spool holder for yarn instead of fishing line.
7) As a Moving Tool: We love this idea from Make to use CD spindle cases to keep furniture items bolts and bits organized during a move.
8) As a Terrarium: We are suckers for terrariums and could not resist posting this spindle case turned terrarium by Atomic Shrimp.
What's the best use of an old CD spindle case that you've seen?
More upcycling fun from the Unplggd archives: