We envy people with a kitchen window above their sink. It makes doing dishes a lot more enjoyable, and it also provides a natural surface for storage if you want to clear some counter space…
- Use your kitchen windowsill to grow an herb garden.
- Clear counter space by using a deep kitchen windowsill for a dish drainer.
- Deep windowsills also work well for storing plates in a rack.
- Store your dishwashing and cleaning supplies on the sill.
- Keep empty vases or mason jars on hand. They'll look beautiful in the light.
- Use your windowsill as a shelf for cookbooks.
- Above the sill, add glass shelves to create storage space without blocking light.
- Put a clothesline across the window and use it to dry dish towels. You can keep extra folded towels on top of the sill.
Other ideas? Let us know in the comments below.