• Felt Stockings: Inspired by these stockings for sale on etsy we 're making the bf's little girls their own felt stockings.
• Speaking of Felt: now that we bought felt to make the stockings, we realize there are a lot of ideas we could try out including placemats, coasters and pillows!
• Gift of Experience: Do you know how to cook or bake, crochet, garden or use photoshop? Do you have a friend that wants to learn? Offer a tutorial in place of a gift. You both win and the bonus is no one accumulates anything except for skills and good cheer!
• Food: We plan to bake some mini loaves of bread (from Nigella Lawson's How to Be a Domestic Goddess), perfect chocolate chip cookies, fudge and maybe learn how to turn red wine into gourmet red wine vinegar.
• Family Portraits: Design Sponge has a great How To to make sillhouette's of family members and pets. This is also a great idea for someone who has kids!
• Drawings: If we could draw we'd do little line drawings of our friends' homes: maybe the living room, or a window in the kitchen, or a favorite shelf of a collection. It would be something small and charming like this print from toxic guinnea pigs.
• The gift of time together: With some of my friends, we're not exchanging gifts, but we're getting together to work on some craft projects that we'll give as gifts. This way we get to spend some quality time together and get some gifts taken care of at the same time!
Obviously this is a small list compared to all the possibilities out there. What are you planning to make this holiday season?