Over the weekend I was cruising blogland when I stopped dead in my tracks. Clare Vivier, known for her chic line of handbags and clutches, has opened a new storefront in Silver Lake and besides just loving the interior, this hand-painted southwestern style rug blew me away.
I'm doing research into how the folks at Clare Vivier achieved the look, but obviously from the second photo, someone had to do a lot of taping to get it just right. In terms of tips for painting floors at all, you can follow these tips for painting a wood floor and these tips forhow to paint a concrete floor. In the meantime follow these links for more painted rug inspiration:
• 1-2: Clare Vivier's new shop Vivier and Bentley are responsible for that amazing Southwestern style painted rug.
• 3: Gregory's painted Vinyl Floor is a great example of a simple pattern updating a dingy bathroom with happiness. It's also a testament to Gregory's love for Emily since the whole thing was a surprise done while she was away.
• 4: Midcentury Jo's Simple Stripes add a kick to a plain floor. Also stripes are an easier pattern to try if painting a floor is new to you!
• 5: Painted Bathroom Rug from the DIY Showoff transformed plywood subflooring into an incredibly chic painted rug.
• 6: Jungle Themed Painted Bathroom Floor that was in Living Etc. and taken by Lotta Agaton is a good example of freehanding a pattern so that you don't have to worry about being exact.
• 7: M-Dashing's Painted Floor covers a large area and can be as bold or subtle as you want depending on the color palette.
• 8: Kim and Cara's Painted Rug is another example of transforming plywood subflooring into something way way better.
• 9: White and Grey Dining Room Rug featured on Decor8 keeps a space light and flowing but obscures the disarray that's bound to happen underneath a table that actually gets used.
• 10: The Plain White Floor. Just in case pattern isn't your thing, check out this gallery of plain white floors.
Images: Please follow the above links for photo credits