Buying art can seem overwhelming and expensive but, thanks to the magical internet, it's now easier and more affordable than ever. We've profiled a lot of sources for artwork in our Marketplace over the years. The 10 web shops listed here all stock affordable art prints, most from emerging artists.
• 1973 As "makers of beautiful paper things," 1973 has a limited collection of screen print posters. This poster, Owl, is a 6 Color Screen Print.
• Poster Cabaret Originally started as a concert poster sales site, Poster Cabaret has expanded its selection to include many types of illustrated prints. After School is an archival print of an original and vintage paper collage by Hollie Chastain.
• Wallfry Artist Kylie Jackson creates wall art for the small fries - although I can see this Corgi print appealing to dog lovers of any age.
• Buy Olympia Pat Castaldo and Aaron Tuller founded Buy Olympia as a way to help friends sell their handcrafted work. Today they have a lot more friends all over the world. Shown here: Compost, a digital print by J. Wirtheim.
• Hemingway and Pickett Toby Burke Hemingway's shop focuses on art and design products from around the world, with a special focus on Australian items. Shown here, Darth Popstar from the "Sith Happens" series, by LA artist David Harlan.
• Art We Love The brainchild of long-time collectors and tech geeks whose dream is to make fine art part of everyone's life, you can find art, like Kate by Servane Mary, for as low as $15.
• The Tappan Collective This affordable online gallery featuring tomorrow's art stars offers photography and paintings, in addition to prints like I'm So Ashamed by Maggie Mull.
• New Blood Art This site sells work from artists who are studying or have recently graduated from art courses in the UK. Shown here: Power By Veronica Wells.
• Sebastian Foster This Austin, Texas based web gallery offers affordable original work and limited edition art prints. Shown: Where I Go to Think by Lisa Golightly.
(Images: As credited above.)