One of my favorite things to collect is vintage tins. They add just a hint of eclectic style in your space. Easy to find and affordable, they are versatile décor multitaskers. While you can display them as a colorful collection on their own, here are nine more creative and practical uses:
1. Grow herbs. Make your indoor herb garden a design feature in your kitchen with a collection of colorful vintage tea tins on display, like the example shown above from House & Home.
2. Floral arranging. Vintage tins are interesting vase for a floral centerpiece. Use it on a vintage theme setting like this one from Once Wed or contrast it with a table of modern dishware.
3. Kitchen storage. Use some vintage food tins to store your cooking utensils for the perfect pop of vintage in your kitchen, as spotted above on HGTV's website.
4. Pretty planter. If you like the herb posts shown above, you can similarly use your tin as a more permanent planter for some simple greenery in a modern and fresh bathroom like this example from Gardenista.
5. Tiered storage. Storing craft supplies can be a challenge. Make this vintage tin tiered organizer for your most used or prettiest craft supplies, as spotted on Better Homes & Gardens.
6. Corral all the craft supplies. If you're a serious crafter and have a whole room dedicated to your creative projects, go nuts and put it all on display and at your fingertips. This barn craft studio by Just Something I Made is pure vintage eye candy.
7. Make it magnetic. An easy magnet DIY using vintage tins is perfect and practical for your fridge or home office to help you with simple notes and reminders. See the tutorial on A Pretty Cool Life.
8. Light it up. This fun DIY lamp shade made from a vintage tin cake carrier isn't as tricky as you may think. See the full tutorial on Lilliedale blog.
9. Make a candle. Lastly, how about making those empty tins into pretty candles, either for your own space or as a gift for the eclectic vintage lover. Check out Design*Sponge for the full tutorial.
(Image credits: House & Home; Once Wed; HGTV; Gardenista; Better Homes & Gardens; Just Something I Made; A Pretty Cool Life; Lilliedale; Design*Sponge)