If you've amassed a collection of 99 empties, it might be time to haul them in for recycling - or, better yet - use them in a really cool home decor project. We're not talking tacky, hokey reuse here, but careful, ingenious DIY's that pay homage to that familiar glass bottle:
These are five stylish beer bottle reuse projects you can implement at home:
FIRST ROW OF GALLERY:
• 1 Architect-built partitions via re-nest, by Johnsen Schmaling Architects in Milwaukee
• 2 The sandblasted finish on this DIY light fixture reminds us of frosty cold ones. This was made by Shannon Quimby in her REX Project recycled house, via East PDX News.
• 3 You'd need to be handy with metalwork to create a frame for this bad boy, but just think of how good it would feel on your back. Via Quitor.
• 4 You're a beer-drinker and a cook? Take inspiration from Minty Fresh Fusion and use a beer bottle as a spoon rest the next time you're making chili.
• 5 This project from Wit and Whistle could turn amber beer bottles into romantic dinner lighting. The example uses a wine bottle, but it's the amber glass color that's important here. Not to mention, it's a good excuse to get out your power drill.
Still want to turn your 99 bottles in for recycling? Here are five off-the-shelf home decor products that aren't made of beer bottles, but take a little inspiration from them:
SECOND ROW OF GALLERY:
• 1 Amber glass vials made in the Czech Republic, from Restoration Hardware.
• 2 A green-glass-tile-topped table spotted at Emery & Cie by Terramia.
• 3 Recycled green glass bedside water carafe and tumbler at Biome Lifestyle.
• 4 This amber glass mosaic tile from the Glass Tile Store is actually called Beer Bottle. Would look incredible in a backsplash.
• 5 The classic Savoy vase by Alvar Aalto takes on whole new depths in beer-bottle-green glass.