Project by: Natalie Myers
Location: Los Angeles, California
Designer Natalie says: This is an extra small little studio rental near USC in Los Angeles meant for a student and developed by SC Student Housing. I wish my college digs looked this good! We tried to fit in as much luxury living and high design in a 200 square foot space without having it feel crammed.
Beautifully life-like and durable wood grain porcelain tile unifies the space from the kitchen to the bathroom, and even up the shower walls. Not breaking up the space with different flooring material makes it feel bigger.
The sofa was limited to a 5' love seat and the ottomans function as both a coffee table and additional guest seating. The Murphy Bed from Resource Furniture has been installed, as well. It functions as a beautiful and modern desk, bookcase, and bed all in one.
Smaller furniture and less of it with a kitchen and bathroom that weren't micro in scale were key. I was inspired by both the stylish and minimalist living I have seen in European apartments and the sense of a laid back retro styled Los Angeles pad.
- Wardrobe: CB2 (no longer available)
- Sofa: Lex Mod
- Chair: Lex Mod
- Sconces: Urban Outfitters
- Pillows: Target and Lulu & Georgia
- Ottomans: Blu Dot for Fab.com
- Poster: Staples oversized engineering print of hi-res jpeg photograph
- Murphy bed: Resource Furniture
Thanks, Natalie Myers!
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Project Submission Form.