Project by: Sarah Stacey
Location: South Padre Island, Texas
From Sarah: The client lives in Monterrey Mexico; this is their beach house in South Padre Island. They are a family of four with two sons that are teenagers. Because of the age of the kids and because the space is at the beach, it was important to them that everything be durable and easy to clean. So, we began by ripping up the beige carpet and installing ceramic tiles that look like wood flooring.
They only had a few requests as far as the design, which was for the place to be decorated in a modern style, they wanted a dark leather sectional, and that the dining chairs were made of plastic. They also did not want a "beach feel" to their place, but rather a hip and fun vibe. We looked over inspiration images and I noticed that she liked spaces that had a mix of white and wood furniture, so I took it from there and started the design.
I designed the space and the client executed it by purchasing all of the furniture and installing everything. I visited the space this last weekend and it turned out great! I think my favorite parts are the wallpaper and pendant light.
Resources of note:
- Pendant Fixture: Warbach Lighting
- Table: Restoration Hardware
- Chairs: Design Within Reach
- Picture Rail: West Elm
- Art: West Elm, Nannie Inez, Saatchi Art
- Vase: Vintage find from Round Top
- Decantur: West Elm
- Wallpaper: Madison and Grow
- Rug: Anthropologie
- Console Table: West Elm
- Sectional: Room and Board
- Coffee Table: West Elm
- Platter: Crate and Barrel
- Pillows: Crate and Barrel, Etsy, CB2
- Media Center: Restoration Hardware
- Side Table: Serena & Lily
- Lamp: Restoration Hardware
- Stools: Made Goods
Thanks, Sarah Stacey!
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Project Submission Form.