Lately, I keep seeing brass animals everywhere I go, from friends' houses to vintage stores to magazines. And sure enough, they've popped up in a few recent House Tours — not surprising given that they add vintage charm to any room.
The animals are quirky enough to stand out, but their patina and neutral color also mean they pair well with books, flower arrangements, dish collections and pretty much anything else. Plus, there are so many different animals available — for really reasonable prices — that you can likely find one you love. As I said above, I've seen plenty at markets and stores, but as ever, Etsy and Ebay are also good resources.
1. A chic peacock accents the clean lines of this sideboard in Nana's Warm & Modern Family Home.
2. A bold, detailed elephant lamp is the only decoration this desk needs in Alexis Johnson's Polished California Condo.
3. An elegant gazelle fits right in at Kelly and Greg's Chez Glamouramous.
4. Sleek metal cats stand out against a gray wall in Crystal and Gavin's House for Modernist Cats (& Dogs!)
5. A pair of vintage peacocks balance out a lovely coffee table tableaux in Amy and David Butler's Creative Textile Lab of a Home.