Project by: Natalie Myers
Location: Los Angeles, California
From designer Natalie: The beauty of an Los Angeles lifestyle is that outdoor living becomes integral to your daily existence. I worked with a young couple who were motivated to outfit their patio before any of the other rooms in their newly acquired Hancock Park home.
We chose modern and neutral teak wood furniture. Then I had a little fun collecting vintage Mexican blankets, kilim pillows and a large beautiful kilim rug, a tie dye throw, and vintage pottery for planting succulents in.
The idea was to capture the relaxed feeling of a bohemian retreat in the Palm Springs desert or the Southwest in their own backyard.
You may think these items are too nice for the outdoors, but the summers here are so dry with zero threat of rain and the textiles hardy enough that they will weather just fine.
- Arm chairs: Pottery Barn Palmer Rope chairs
- Sofa: Oxford Garden Sina Sofa
- Coffee table: tiled to mimic the pool tiles from West Elm
- Side table: No longer available but here is a similar one
- Stumps: Etsy
- Dining table: Anderson Teak table
- Dining table chairs: Crate and Barrel Berkshire chair:
- Chaise lounge chairs: Oxford Garden Sienna Chair
- Rug: World Market Seagrass rug
- Throw: Crate and Barrel throw (no longer available)
- Mexican pillows: Etsy
Thanks, Natalie Myers!
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Project Submission Form.