Location: Crestline, California
The inspiration for this nursery came from my personal love for carnivals, circuses, and animals. From the beginning we knew we wanted to keep the sex of our little peanut a surprise, and we wanted a theme that was gender neutral, modern and very colorful, so a circus theme fit perfectly!
We worked on a budget and DIY'ed most of the elements. The room that we started with did not have lights other than a very small one right next to the entry door, so my husband and father-in-law worked on adding can lights, book shelves and a closet. I was in charge of the smaller projects and I have to say that my favorite was the elephant lamp.
- Chair and footstool: IKEA POANG" (found on Craiglist and recovered)
- Dresser: IKEA ASPELUND
- Toy bench: IKEA Expedit with Capita legs and Drona bins
- Watercolor animal prints: Trafalgarssquare on Etsy
- Crib: Craiglist find
- Rug: The Home Depot
- Dumbo stuffed animal: eBay
- Gigantic Bear Stuff Animal: Costco
- Wall paint: Behr Ultra - Quietude (770E-1) and Pewter Mug (770E-3)
- Closet paint: Behr Ultra - Fireglow (200B-7)
- Inside closet: Closetmaid system from The Home Depot
- Crib bedding, changer cover, boxes in changing table, curtains and all fabric projects: Handmade by yours truly along with the remaining prints, lamps and restorations.
Thanks, Joy! Readers you can see more of Joy by visiting her blog, How Joyful.
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE
(Image credits: Joy Kelley)