Project by: Katie Gavigan of Katie Gavigan Interiors
Location: San Francisco, California
How do you go from a blah and bland master bedroom to one bold enough to match the beautiful views from its high-rise windows? You hire Katie Gavigan to add a soft and comfortable touch to the room you start and end your day in. Find before photos and a resource list below the jump!
From designer Katie: In this small and awkwardly-shaped bedroom, a space that once felt dark and cramped is now calm, bright and peaceful, without even a drop of new paint! New furniture to better fit the space, as well as a re-imagined layout, subtle art and good styling gave this room completely new life.
Soft neutrals play an important role in this room, as the cohesion unifies the awkward angles and creates a sense of calm. This bedroom is part of a downtown condo with tight square footage, and by making this room so inviting, it really enlarges the entire home by providing another space for alone time, lounging, reading or even doing some yoga stretches on the rug runner! The family who lives here can spread out a bit!
- Bed: Overstock.com
- Bedding: Sheets: HomeGoods / Duvet cover: Bed, Bath & Beyond / Throw pillows: HomeGoods / Small lumbar: sewn by me with fabric remnant
- Bedside tables: Tall moroccan table on left: thrifted / Mid-century with drawers: Craigslist seller
- Bedside lamps: Target
- Wardrobe: Ikea via Craigslist, with doors personalized by Craigslist seller with paintable wallpaper
- Dresser: Overstock.com
- Tall bookcase: already owned by clients
- Large wooden mirror: HomeGoods
- Sunburst mirror: Wayfair
- Rug runner: RugsUSA
- Accessories (basket, trays, frames, bookcase styling items, planter, vases, etc.): Mostly a mix of Cost Plus, HomeGoods and thrift stores
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Project Submission Form.