Transcending time and space. Gorgeous and only minimally functional. Dark and dramatic. These are only a few of the requirements that I would want in my dream bathroom. Who cares about function when a moody personal retreat is only a few impractical yet stunning bathroom accents away?
Yeah, I'm specifying a (non-bathroom) rug and wallpaper in this space, but it's my dream space and it's the look I would love. And though I'm sure it wouldn't be the most affordable option, my love of shou-sugi-ban wood treatment would be a must-have accent wall in my dream bathroom. Grabbing accents from different styles from around the world and different time periods, I would hope to create a look that felt timeless so that when I was in it I could get lost in time.
1) Colorful Turkish bath towels
2) New Zealand-based David Trubridge lighting
3) Naturally Enduring: Shou-Sugi-Ban
4) Graham & Brown Shantung Wallpaper
5) 1960s Italian Large octagonal mirror with faceted green glass surround
6) Malizia Rug
7) Ventura Apron soaking tub
(Images: As credited above)