It seems we've come across all sorts of stylish rain barrels lately. This barrel (called "A Drop of Water") was created by Dutch designer Bas van der Veer. The curvy design comes with a watering can placed in the center of the barrel that fills up when it rains...It seems that with people spending time and energy investing in their garden — planting, pruning, beautifying — they don't really want to junk it up with a clunky plastic barrel. We've seen a number of "alternative" versions, and we do like the look of this one.
This isn't for sale yet, as far as we know, but no worries. There's still the DIY way (see below).
You can see more of Bas van der Veer's work, as well as a closer look at the creation of the rain barrel mold, at his website.
• How To: Make a Rain Barrel Watering System
• How To: Make a $25 DIY Rain Barrel
• How To: Make a Rainwater Collection Barrel
• How To: Make an Incognito Water Catchment System
• Good Question: Rain Barrel Alternative