Name: Ashley Jones
Location: Hancock Park / Mid-Wilshire — Los Angeles, California
Size: 500 square feet
Years lived in: 7 months — rented
Ashley Jones, co-founder of Dime Piece Designs, has a cozy apartment that overlooks the city and oozes original style. Her uncluttered approach to design houses many vintage and second hand finds like vinyl records, an amazing couch and kitchen table, and her jewelry collection. Everything in this home is carefully picked and placed with elements of true style.
Ashley’s apartment is saturated with warm hues, humorous art and drawings, and seems surprisingly roomy for its actual size. She notes the large dressing room and closet space, as the “selling point” for closing the deal on her lease…yet she feels her kitchen is still incomplete. Like her warm energy, her home invites you to come in and stay a while.
Apartment Therapy Survey:
My Style: Eclectic, 60’s, warm hues and vintage chic
Inspiration: Honestly, whatever I’m attracted to — nothing specific. Fabrics, fashion, Los Angeles, New York
Favorite Element: The animal head silver cups I got in Berlin, and the Judy Garland portrait.
Biggest Challenge: Working with a small space and carpet.
What Friends Say: “It’s so cute!” “The furniture is awesome.” “You’re crazy.”
Biggest Embarrassment: The kitchen. It hasn’t come together as a whole just yet.
Proudest DIY: “Eyeballs” art piece in the kitchen.
Biggest Indulgence: Flea Markets! Cool chairs, I’m a sucker for them.
Best Advice: Before you being to decorate your place, have a plan, color theme and said idea of what you want the overall result to be. I tended to just buy cool random items I fell in love with…in such a small place it’s easy to begin to look cluttered.
Dream Sources: The flea markets I visited in Paris. When I was there I was just in awe of the pieces of art and furniture…so rich in design and detail.
Resources of Note:
• Almost 100% of the accessories / items in my apartment are from thrift stores or flea markets
• Linoleum City in Los Angeles
RUGS & CARPETS
• Flea Markets
• Self made
• Dead Chicken Gallery found in Berlin
• Downtown fabric distric in LA
Images: Bethany Nauert
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE Check out past house tours here
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.