ATLA's Australian correspondent Jenny sent us this piece about some green tech we thought we'd share...
We get plenty of sun here in Australia- even in winter. This can be handy as we're less likely to run low on Vitamin D but that hasn't been able to stop our mobile phone from running out of whatever vitamin keeps them going- until now. The Freeloader Solar Charger is a pocket sized charging device that uses its solar panels or a USB connection to charge its internal battery. Once its battery is fully charged your mobile phone can run off it for 44 hours, your iPod for 18hours and it has adaptors for almost everything…
posted originally from: AT:Hometech
- Adaptor for Nintendo DS Lite
- Adaptor for Motorola mobile phones
- Adaptor for LG Chocolate Series Phones
- 2 x Adaptors for Nokia mobile phones
- 2 x Adaptors for Samsung mobile phones
- 2 x Adaptors for Sony Ericsson mobile phones
- 4mm jack plug for PSP, Tom Tom, digital camera etc
- USB 2.0 Female socket cable for iPod, PDA's etc
- Mini USB adaptor for Motorola RAZR, Blackberry etc
The above come as standard with the Freeloader Solar Charger and 20 other adaptors [including iPod] are also available for individual purchase. Once the unit is fully charged it will hold its charge for 3 months. For AU$89.95 this seems like a good price- available from a range of online stores listed here. Have you used this or a similar product?
Other Solar Related Posts: