For your friends with an appreciation for details, a love for raw materials, and an admiration for clean lines, check out this architecture lovers gift guide. Here are a few ideas that focus on reinventing everyday items and honoring the built environment.
1. The king of multitasking, this wood whale by Eric Pfeiffer keeps pencils, phone & sketchbooks in one organized location. Via The Utility Collective at Zinc Details.
2. A stainless steal London cityscape for the iPhone, by Richard Coward. Via Luxe Plates.
3. Form follows function for the Design House Stockholm Timo Termo set of glasses. The material allows these glasses to hold boiling hot water with a shape that fits perfectly in your hand. Via Huset.
4. This handy sketchbook includes a foldout map for orienting the city and recording thoughts. Via Moleskin.
5. This Mid-Century Modern Furniture print designed by James Provost showcases a collection of classic designs. Via Imagekind.
6. The F.O. clock by Shipping Toohey folds and unfolds like Japanese origami. Via Behance.
7. The Marimekko Siirtolapuutarha Mug depicts a lovely architectural line drawing, which is part of a greater eclectic collection. Via Crate & Barel.
8. 'Forgotten Modernism' prints by architect Michael Murphy. Via Zinc Details.
9. The stainless steel matte tape measure, a useful accessory for a true architecture lover. Via Stainless Steel Store.
Images: As credited above.