Name: Gregory (2) & Anthony (1)
Location: Atascadero, California
Our downstairs bedroom wasn't getting much use, so we decided to transform it into a play space for the kids! I am very much in love with all things Montessori, and we wanted our play space to employ many Montessori principles, such as a lack of clutter, just a few toys on rotation, a reading space, and a child sized table for coloring.
The table is covered in chalkboard paint so that the boys can color directly on it! We also have a Montessori-inspired hand washing station. I especially love our alphabet wall, created for free using a printable I found on Pinterest.
- Handwashing Station: Soap, tray, bowls and pitcher– our awesome 99 cent store.
- The table was a find from 5 years ago in TX, probably Homegoods.
- Alphabet Wall: A free printable from Handmade Home.
- Banners: A free printable from Shanty 2 Chic.
- Bookshelves: Walmart, Baskets from Ikea, Wooden Chalkboard labels from Etsy
- Teepee: Poles from Home Depot, full sized bedsheet from Walmart
- Rug: World Market
- Table and Chairs: Craigslist for $5, painted in Serena and Lily’s “Sprout” paint
- Easel and paints: Melissa and Doug
- Changing Table: Changing Pad cover– Pottery Barn
- Diapers: Econobum and BumGenius
- I Love You printable: free from I Heart Naptime
Thanks, Kelly! Readers, say hello to Kelly at Our Cone Zone.
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE
(Image credits: Our Cone Zone)