Project by: Robert Bentley of Blink.is
Location: Downtown Austin, Texas
This small loft in downtown Austin is a mix of stunning high-end furniture finds and a few affordable pieces from places like IKEA and West Elm. Designer Robert (who lives in this stylish space) shares how he incorporates high-end pieces into his designs: "Budget it out now and amass over time. Get a goal going and a good layout, then attack it like a car payment. And every now and then, if you come across something high-end that is special to you, do it…if the funds are available. It's something you’ll keep, cherish, pass on."
Highlights of this space and style:
- Industrial look, concrete floors/ceilings
- Modern/Mid-Century furnishings
- Good mix of concrete/stone/wood/painted surfaces/upholstery
- Monochromatic color scheme with a pop of color
- Pillows were custom made
- Put money in a decent sofa, rug and lights
- This apartment is pet friendly…as far as little french bulldogs
Robert, who's partners with designer Rebekah Gainsley at Blink.is (an online tool to help you jump start your design process) believes in helping clients make a plan of what they want to have in their space, so that more sophisticated homes with some high-end furniture purchases are accessible through smart planning, budgeting and investing.
Thanks, Robert Bentley!
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Project Submission Form.
(Image credits: Adrienne Breaux)