We sure love us some bikes around here, but what about some ways to create a new life for those tires once their originally intended usefulness has passed? From a completely re-imagined designer chair (that includes bike chains as a seat) to a set of cool stretchy shelves, take a look at these 5 cool projects. Have you made anything cool from bike tires that you want to show us? Tell us about it after the jump.1. Chair Rocker
- This is a schmancy chair made of recycled bike parts and 98% recycled steel.
2. Bike Tire Mirror - So simple, yet so great! Made for a sports themed room on Home Workshop by Audrey Brandt.
3. Elastic Shelf Made from Bike Tire Tubes - Made by System Design Studio these shelves add some urban style to any space.
4. Bicycle Rug - Close-up this rug has a mild insectoid look to it, with its shiny recycled rubber. No doubt it creates a nice layer of protection from a cold floor.
5. Bike Tire Chairs - These funky yard art chairs were spotted on a garden tour in Portland, OR, this garden inspired the Pink Martini song, "The Gardens of Sampson & Beasley."
(Images: 1 - 4 as linked above, 5. Flickr member Christmas w/a K licensed for use under Creative Commons)