Big news today from the palace: Prince William and Kate Middleton are expecting their first child. Along with our hearty congratulations for the royal couple, here are a few selections for nursery decor ideas and inspirations along with some practical tips and advice...
First up, they should check out a few, full-of-inspiration Nursery Tours from our archives (clockwise from upper left):
• Ella's Chic Nursery
• Mila's Fun, Music Inspired Nursery
• Aiden's "Modern Preppy" Nursery
• Axel's Clean & Cozy Nursery
Choosing a color for the nursery is a big decision. The image above is a playful kids room design from Farrow & Ball, who have already released some color suggestions for the royals. For a girl, they like their Great White paint (with pink and purple undertones) for a not-too-sugary light and bright space or Borrowed Light if the royals are going to go blue for a boy. If they plan to go more gender neutral the picks are a soft green called Pale Powder or Ringwald Ground, a classic yellow.
We always like a soft buttercream for nurseries - warm, calm and sweet. Here is a roundup of good ones for the parents-to-be to consider:
• 8 Perfect Pale Buttercream Paint Colors
Finally, some helpful advice direct to Will and Kate from our readers on what's necessary for the nursery (and, maybe more importantly, what is not):
• Over 100 comments on the question, Is a Glider or Rocker a Nursery Necessity?
• Over 120 comments on the topic, Nursery Nevers: Products You'd Never Purchase Again
And, for the friends of the couple, some go-to gift suggestions:
• Over 50 comments answering the question, Do You Have a Go-To Baby Shower Gift?
(Images: as linked above)