We wonder when we'll stop having dreams about forgetting our high school locker combination. Perhaps we'd be less apt to have those frustratingly nerve-wracking dreams if our locker padlock worked like these 1500I Speed Dial Combination Padlocks from Master Lock. Mimicking the analog controls of a XBox or PS3 controller, the combination is a series of up/down/left/right directional movements (had a flashback to a Contra code there for a moment), making it easy to input the combination without even looking.
- World's first combination lock that opens on up/down/left/right directional movements
- Patented technology is faster, easier and more secure than a standard combination lock
- Maximum security with anti-shim technology
- Combination can be reset to any number of movements in any sequence
- 2" (51mm) wide metal body can be opened one-handed without looking for ease of use
- Matching passcode indicators (letters, numbers, colors, shapes, symbols) are included for added customization – simple apply over arrows
- Hardened steel shackle for increased bolt cutter protection
Reading some of the reviews, it seems the design has a few real-world operation issues that need to be smoothed out ("slider gets stuck", "opens one on every 23 attempts"), while other reviewers call it a "Houdini like magical lock" and "it takes me a mere 2.5 seconds to open my lock with one hand without even looking." Master Lock should have included a RESET button, right?
About $11 over at Amazon, making for a good back-to-school gift for the student in your life.