We're pretty sure it's because we were raised in the south but we always want to know what's going on in our neighborhood. Being hip to the town gossip, not to mention store openings, art happenings etc. has always made us feel a part of the community (which was very important when we moved so far from home). We've rounded up a list of blogs in our big city of Los Angeles (but we're pretty sure we missed some). We'd love to hear what neighborhood resources you tune into in the comments!
- Laure tells us that she reads Yo Venice on the west side town. A communal blog started by two folks with pics and stories for all to share.
- Abby was reading Miracle Mile Patrol but someone must be on vacation. At least newcomers to the area can read archives and check in with Your Street. Just select your neighborhood to catch up on the latest news.
- Grace keeps current with Eye Level Pasadena. Kept up by a little old lady from Pasadena, (we couldn't resist) Eye Level covers everything from local happenings, transportation and the beautiful landscape that makes Pasadena a place to visit.
- We live in Echo Park so we like to stay current with The Eastsider LA. A neighbor turned us onto Jesus' blog where he "explores the joys, hassles, contradictions and general weirdness that defines Echo Park."
- The Atwater Village Newbie has lived in this Northeast village for three years and decided to document the town happenings for the locals.
- LA's downtown events can be found at BlogDowntown. With a handful of writers on staff, readers can find out about everything from our downtown's history to food & nightlife.
- Franklin Avenue covers a wider area in LA, reviewing restaurants and events. Plus, you can always find out what's going down on Franklin Avenue where the bloggers reside.
AT readers--what neighborhood blogs do you read? Are you staying tuned for the gossip, the news or for the sense of the community?
Related Neighborhood Posts
[Image from jaaronfarr]