The warm weather we've been having in the Midwest means that lilacs are blooming a month early this year. As I savor their brief but glorious run, I'm reminded why I've always loved this fragrant backyard flower, with its muted purples, grays, and whites. It's the shabby chic of flowers, elegant but relaxed. As a color, lilac is vibrant but still soft, and neutral enough to easily add into home decor.
1. Fresh-cut lilacs, placed simply in a glass jar, are the perfect springtime centerpiece.
2. A home accessory, like this Kitchen Aid tea kettle in Lilac, is a nice way to add a fresh color to your kitchen.
3. The Tennessee Pendant Lamp in Lilac is made of thin organza by the Swedish company Lamp Gustaf.
4. Turkish Towel Lilac Collection from Restoration Hardware. These towels represent the wonderful hues in a lilac bloom and are made of 100% cotton terry cloth from Turkey.
5. If you're looking to add some soft lilac scent to your home, this Lilac Soy Candle by Archipelago will do the trick.
6. I love this mod retro dot pillow in lilac, purple, and brown by Mia & Dot.
7. IKEA's Idgrund bathroom set in lilac.
8. The Little Tulip Chair in lilac. Originally designed in 1965 by Pierre Paulin, this ultra cool chair is still being crafted in the Netherlands by Artifort.
9. These lovely linen lilac fern tea towels by Pony and Poppy are hand silk screened using all-natural materials.
10. Madeline Weinrib's Lilac Mandala rug is handwoven from chenille and looks like a dream.
(Images: As linked above)