This single image captures 3 of my distinct approaches to decorative painting — it's a look into the artist's studio, and a few variations on this artist's temperament.
My decorative painting runs along several themes and it is here at home that I develop my technique. There are the bold, graphic patterns picture left; the increasingly gestural element of the specialty finishes seen in the bathroom; and the whimsical figures and animals I produce for children, on the ceiling. Tune in next week for a breakdown of the process
MORE BOLD GRAPHICS
• 2 A Moorish Treillage
• 3 Stripes in the Suburbs!
• 4 Purple Stripes
• 5 A Screen Lattice
• 6 Zig Zag
MORE SPECIALTY FINISHES
• 7 Simulated Wallpaper: A Damask, In Paint
• 8 A Trompe L'Oeil At Bloomingdale's
• 9 A Riff on Harold and the Purple Crayon
• 10 The Ocean Room
- Mark Chamberlain, interior and decorative painter