Christchurch, New Zealand commissions a temporary church on the site of their 1984 cathedral destroyed in the February earthquake. The building will be made of cardboard and has a "use by" date of only ten years. In other news, get in on a big London design blog tour, China's International Famous Furniture Fair to host design programs next month, and a 10 foot python was found in a Brooklyn apartment post Irene!
Check out the headlines after the jump.
• When “Temporary” Means a Decade | Architizer
• Cleaning Up Irene: 10-Foot Python Found In Brooklyn Apt. | Gothamist
• China's International Famous Furniture Fair to host design forum Sept. 7 | Furniture Today
• Modenus, MMPI and MyDeco host first London BlogTour | Editor at Large
• Artnet's list of newest shows and openings | Artnet