Lately we've been seeing lots of unexpected lighting choices in the bedroom — and we've found that ditching the standard ceiling fan/light combo or boring flush mount fixture can work miracles with the overall feel of your space. Chandeliers aren't always budget-friendly; however, we've rounded up five inspirational spaces, five moderately-priced selections, and five DIY options.
1. Sparkling crystalline lights crown this luxurious bedroom and complement the indulgent bed dressings.
2. A twiggy chandelier injects an earthy point of interest into a neutral palette.
3. Dark, neutral beads bring a playful sophistication to an industrial bedroom.
4. This seashell chandelier adds a little formal charm to a beachy room.
5. Hanging blue glass adds interest to an already interesting space; the solid chandelier grounds the room.
6. This star chandelier will add a fanciful note to your bedroom; from Layla Grace, $196.
7. Get the industrial look with this loft chandelier, from ZGallerie, $299.
8. Go bold with this red beauty from the Home Depot, $149.
9. Snag this purple beaded chandelier at Urban Outfitters for only $59!
10. This mini-chandelier from Lighting Direct has enough power to light an 8'x6' room and packs a seriously fancy punch, $298.
11. Kara Paslay shows you how to make this mason jar chandelier, with a full tutorial that includes lots of step-by-step pictures.
12. An extension cord + chains + a couple wreath frames + some christmas lights = a pretty, ethereal chandelier, from Grosgrain.
13. Brooke from B.E. Interiors makes her own rustic twig chandelier by adding twigs to her existing fixture.
14. The ubiquitous capiz chandelier is beautiful, light, and simple — and $9 — when you follow Freshly Picked's gorgeously detailed tutorial.
15. Jenny Komenda dismantled an Ikea Maskros chandelier to make her very own sputnik chandelier — and she did it all in one night!
MORE BEDROOM LIGHTING ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Unconventional Ideas for Bedroom Lighting
• Bedroom Lighting to Set Any Mood
• Roundup: Chandeliers in the Bedroom
(Images: 1. Anne Coyle, 2. Chalet Development, via Houzz, 3. Design*Sponge , 4. Better Homes and Gardens, 5. Maura McEvoy for House Beautiful, via Knight Moves, 6. Layla Grace, 7. ZGallerie, 8. Home Depot, 9. Urban Outfitters, 10. Lighting Direct, 11. Kara Paslay Designs, 12. Grosgrain, 13. B.E. Interiors, 14. Freshly Picked, 15. Jenny Komenda.)